Genshin Impact is an open-world RPG game that features a wide variety of in-game weapons. Throughout your journey in Teyvat, you’ll obtain unique weapons with multiple refinements. With the introduction of different weapons based on rarity, it becomes essential to equip your Genshin Impact characters with the best available ones. As your adventure rank increases, the world level will increase, which boosts overworld enemies’ level.
Moreover, when your start to focus on clearing end-game content like Spiral Abyss, weapon selection becomes a crucial choice to make. You need to have optimal teams with better weapons and complete the content quickly. Here, I’ll be discussing one of the in-game weapons, “Primordial Jade Winged-Spear.”
Let’s go over a quick overview of what you can expect from this Primordial Jade Winged Spear guide:
- Primordial Jade Winged-Spear details
- Materials required
- Concluding with FAQs
Primordial Jade Winged-Spear
Primordial Jade Winged-Spear is described as a jade polearm made by archons and capable of slaying ancient beasts.
Genshin Impact 2.4 only has three polearm weapons that offer CRIT rate as their secondary stat as writing this guide. White Tassel, Deathmatch, and Primordial Jade Winged-Spear are indeed excellent weapons when it comes to equipping them on your primary damage dealer.
You can obtain Primordial Jade Winged-Spear from the standard “Wanderlust Invocation” banner or “Epitome Invocation” weapon’s banner. If it’s on the weapon’s banner, then you can start an “Epitomized Path,” where you’re guaranteed to get weapons after reaching 2-fate points. It’s also possible that you can obtain this weapon before that and save your precious intertwined fates.
- Rarity: 5-star
- Base Attack: 48
- Secondary Stat: CRIT Rate
- Secondary Stat Value: 4.8
- Passive Ability: Eagle Spear of Justice
- Passive Ability Description:
On a hit, increase ATK by 3.2% for 6 seconds. It can have a maximum of 7 stacks, and this effect can only occur every 0.3 seconds. While in possession of the maximum possible stacks, DMG dealt is increased by 12%.
Genshin Impact 2.4 has three polearms that offer a CRIT rate as a secondary stat. It has become crucial to have CRIT ratios in balance for your primary damage dealers, and the CRIT rate is significant on most of them. Most of the time, we need to balance CRIT rate and CRIT damage ratios on our characters to deal a good amount of damage to enemies in the spiral abyss.
If you’re a casual player, you can quickly clear most of the enemies in the overworld and won’t require many optimizations to clear the available content game offers. Unless you’re targeting to clear the last floor of Spiral abyss, you can have a straightforward approach to characters building and building the characters you love the most. However, meta players will have to prioritize characters that outperform other characters and are currently in meta in the ongoing patch.
Weapon Stat Progression:
|Weapon Level||Base Attack||CRIT Rate (%)|
|Refinement Level||On a hit, ATK Increase(%)||DMG Increase(%)|
In the above table, you can see the weapon’s stat progression on critical levels. Moreover, as you can see with refinement, the weapon’s damage capabilities further rise.
In Genshin Impact, as you’ll level up your weapon or refine it, you can see the weapon’s aesthetics getting a change. Most of the weapons have a dull look on lower levels but change their look when ascended.
They get better vibrant colors and a bright look on their signature color. So, that’s one more reason to ascend your weapon if you want to have its look stand out among other weapons in your inventory.
|Sands from Guyun||Sacrificial Knife||Insignia|
|Luminous = 5||Hunter = 23||Recruit = 15|
|Lustrous = 14||Agent = 27||Sergeant = 23|
|Relic = 14||Inspector = 41||Lieutenant = 27|
|Divine Body = 6||Total Mora Required : 225000|
Most of the weapon’s and character’s talent upgrades need overworld materials that players need to farm. Genshin Impact requires players to collect different in-game materials for character upgrades or crafting purposes.
Moreover, along with the above-listed resources, you need around 907 mystic enhancement ores and 1.2 million mora to level up the weapon to level 90.
Yes, 5-star weapons consume relatively more materials than 4-star weapons. For weapons EXP ores, you can forge them daily and collect white iron chunks or crystal ores from expeditions. It means it’s better to do your daily commissions and send your characters on expeditions for resources you may need later.
Every polearm character can use Primordial Jade Winged-Spear, and having an extra CRIT rate on characters is always recommended. It might not be the case with characters like Kokomi, whose CRIT value is negative.
Here, I’ll be giving my remarks on how you can use Primordial Jade Winged-Spear and providing 4-star alternatives to them on different characters. Do remember that it depends on how you want to build your character, and it’s just general remarks from my end that can help you make a good team composition.
As of writing this guide, Genshin Impact 2.4 has the following polearm characters that can use Primordial Jade Winged-Spear:
- Hu tao: She is a 5-star pyro character specializing in doing single target damage. Primordial Jade Winged-Spear is a decent choice for her and can boost her CRIT rate value which will help you to stack extra CRIT DMG on her.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Dragon’s Bane, Deathmatch, Lithic Spear, White tassel (3-star)
- Raiden Shogun: She is a 5-star electro character specializing in restoring overall team energy and can deal a lot of damage in her burst. You can use Jade-Spear on her but make sure to balance her energy recharge stats for getting your burst back soon.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: The Catch, Wavebreaker’s Fin, Deathmatch
- Rosaria: She is a 4-star cryo character who can be an excellent off-field damage dealer and support the overall team. She can also give CRIT rate buff to team members based on her overall CRIT rate. So, Jade spear’s CRIT rate secondary stat becomes valuable to her.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Wavebreaker’s Fin, Deathmatch, Favonius Lance
- Shenhe: She is a 5-star cryo character with more team buff-oriented abilities. Based on her overall attack, she can buff team members’ cryo damage-dealing capabilities. So, it’s better to use a weapon that gives ATK% as a secondary stat and boosts her overall ATK.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Lithic Spear, Favonius Lance, Wavebreaker’s Fin
- Thoma: Thoma is a 4-star pyro character who’s better for shielding roles and providing overall team protection. It’s better to run some weapon with energy recharge or HP for using his burst more often.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Favonius Lance, The catch, Kitain Cross Spear, Black Tassel( 3-star)
- Xiangling : She is a 4-star pyro character who can deal a lot of damage as an off-field damage dealer. She’s very good at dealing with pyro damage in an area and helps you with vaporize or melt reactions. I won’t recommend Primordial Jade Winged-Spear on her, instead use a weapon that provides energy recharge or elemental mastery.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: The catch, Wavebreaker’s fin, Dragon’s Bane
- Xiao: He is a 5-star anemo character who specializes in dealing anemo damage in an area to enemies. Primordial Jade Winged-Spear is one of the best weapons on him, and he can sell a lot of damage in his burst duration.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Deathmatch, Lithic Spear, Blackcliff Pole
- Yun Jin: She is a 4-star geo character whose abilities are based on DEF stats and can be better to use as support for team buffing capabilities. She can increase damage for the team, which scales from her overall DEF. It’s better to use weapons that have energy recharge or DEF as their secondary stat.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Deathmatch, Favonius Lance, Prototype Star Glitter
- Zhongli: He is a 5-star geo character who can provide a solid shield to your team members and improve their survivability in different situations. You can use Jade-Spear on him if you’re looking to deal good damage in his burst, but having energy recharge substats on artifacts will help you get his burst back more often.
- 4-star weapon alternatives: Favonius Lance, Deathmatch, Black Tassel(3-star)
These are some remarks from the end. However, I’ll say Primordial Jade Winged-Spear is a good weapon if you’re looking to use it on your primary damage dealer. If you’re in the overworld, you won’t need to optimize your characters much, and you can kill enemies much more straightforward than an abyss.
You can also experiment with your team composition and different weapons to see which playstyle suits you better. Genshin Impact is all about experimenting with other characters and weapons to see which playstyle you’re comfortable adopting in-game.
Let’s go over some FAQs you may find helpful after reading this guide:
Question: Should I refine Primordial Jade Winged-Spear?
Answer: It depends on your budget if you can afford to spend on the game. If you’re a free-to-play player or a light spender, I recommend you not refine this weapon. It’s better to have multiple copies of 5-star weapons than having a single refined one. With numerous weapon copies, you can equip the same weapon on different characters and take advantage of the weapon’s passive and raw damage boost.
On the other hand, if you can afford a higher refinement of weapons, you can pump out good damage numbers. Characters will get a massive damage boost and clear out any in-game content.
Question: Do I need 5-star weapons to clear end-game content like Spiral Abyss?
Answer: No, you don’t need 5-star weapons to clear the spiral abyss. Even if you’re a free-to-play player, you can quickly clear end-game content with 4-star weapons. Throughout your wishing sessions, you’ll obtain multiple refinements of 4-star weapons, which will enhance their damage capabilities. However, I agree that 5-star weapons give a decent damage boost to your character and have better passives than some of their 4-star counterparts. But it doesn’t mean you need 5-star weapons necessarily for abyss clears. However, if you’re targeting to have 36 stars on abyss floor 9 to floor 12, then you might need to invest in your characters properly.
Question: Why do I need so many resources to upgrade a weapon?
Answer: Only answer to this question is it is what it is. Genshin Impact heavily focuses on farming in-game materials and requires players to pre-farm if possible for some characters. Moreover, whether it’s talent upgrades or weapon upgrades, you need different materials for them. Most of the game design involves using items you collect from the overworld and putting them to use in your character’s progression.
Generally, the higher the rarity more the resources required to invest in that weapon. So, if you’ve got the 5-star weapon on your wish list and will be wishing for it in the future, you better pre-farm materials.
Question: As a casual player, should I rush the content?
Answer: I won’t recommend you to do so. You want to ascend your characters fast and level up weapons to their maximum potential. It’s better to enjoy the game before hitting end-game because if you rush it, then you might miss story parts. Unless you want to be confused about what happened in a specific quest and spend just playing a couple of minutes every day doing daily commissions, you shouldn’t rush content.
You may feel the burnout after collecting different things for days and simultaneously trying to ascend other weapons. I’ll recommend you prioritize characters and start building them. You can refer to the tier list, which characters are better suited for specific roles and their potential in the abyss. That way, you’ll be able to organize your characters properly and manage your inventory.
Genshin Impact has a lot of stats that affect a character’s potential. Among many in-game stats, the Crit rate is significant when dealing damage to enemies. Most characters need crit ratios in their build unless you’re using Kokomi, who has a negative crit rate. Crit rate becomes more critical when you’re building your primary damage dealers and need to output good damage.
Primordial Jade Winged-Spear is such a weapon, and you can use these polearm characters you wish to use as primary damage dealers. Being a 5-star weapon, investing in this weapon will go a long way, and it’s better to pre-farm some mystic enhancement ores for leveling it up fast.
I’ll recommend you prioritize your character-building approach and make a team of characters you want to use. Because of limited daily resin, your progression is tiny, and you should focus on characters that will help you in the overworld and, eventually, Spiral abyss.