When I started Genshin Impact I was collecting apples, sunsettias, and sweet flowers wherever I could find them. Soon enough, I encountered some hilichurls and saw drops I could use for ascending characters. Not only that, you will notice that with new updates, new regions are introduced, and they feature region-specific materials. Initially, I didn’t know that we could craft lower rarity materials into higher ones and kept searching for higher rarity drops from the enemies in Genshin. After searching on the internet for a while, I learned about crafting.
The crafting feature allows players to forge a new material of higher rarity by using low rarity material for different purposes. Since its launch, I’ve been playing Genshin Impact and have crafted items for ascending my characters, weapons, and talent levels.
On that note, in this Genshin Impact Crafting guide, I’ll review various crafting items, give my short remarks on them and discuss their many uses. Sit back, relax, and go over the nitty-gritty details of crafting.
You will come across Crafting benches where you can craft various items that you require for your journey. Though you can have a crafting table inside your Serenitea pot, I won’t go into the subject here because that’s purely player-dependent, and early game players won’t have access to the pot.
Currently, as of Genshin Impact version 2.7, there are 5 locations where you can find Crafting benches. Let’s go over them real quick and see where they are
Mondstadt – Fountain Plaza
Teleport inside the city where you will see two Fatui diplomats talking. Just a few steps ahead, you will notice Timaeus, beside a crafting bench where you can use the power of alchemy to craft materials.
Mondstadt – Albedo’s Camp
You will come across Albedo’s campsite in a quest and be able to use the Crafting table at his camp. Teleport to Dragonspine, glide over a broken path, and you will come across his camp. His quests are exciting, and you will enjoy interactions with Albedo. In his camp, you will notice a crafting bench that you can use for various things.
Liyue – Liyue Harbor
Whenever I want to use the crafting bench, I always prefer to use this one because of how near it is to the teleport point. Just teleport to Liyue harbor, go a few steps to the left, and voila! You’ve reached the crafting bench.
Inazuma- Inazuma City
I don’t like to use this one because I have to sprint to reach it, and it’s a bit distance from the teleport point. Teleport to the waypoint in Inazuma city and pass by the Adventurer’s guild to reach this crafting table.
If you want to have a crafting table in your Serenitea pot. In that case, I recommend you have it near Tubby so that you can quickly grab some resources, craft some materials, and level up your characters simultaneously.
Let’s go over various options you can access in the Crafting menu, and I’ll put my short remarks so you can figure out what they mean. I’ve attached the relevant images so you can quickly figure out the available options, items, and types of conversions in the game.
In the Craft category, there are a variety of items that you can create with the help of materials in your inventory. Most of these are related to the characters’ progression, and you will often use this option because of how potent it is in the game.
I’ve been playing the game and ascending my characters here and there, and this is the most used option I have in my track record. When it comes to crafting, I have to use various materials to level up my characters, weapons, and talents.
Let’s go over all the materials one by one and get to know what their uses are. I’ve put remarks under the ones that may be unknown to early game players, and the rest are self-explanatory.
- Anemoculus Resonance Stone: You can use a consumable to search for nearby anemoculi in Mondstadt. If the anemoculus is found, I will highlight that area in a blue circle on the map. Once you are near the anemoculus, you will notice a white marker. In proximity, an anemoculus mark will come on the map.
- Recipe : 5 x Dandelion Seed, 5 x Cecilia, 1 x Crystal Chunk, 500 x Mora
- Portable Waypoint: You can create a temporary teleport point at a location for seven days that co-op players can also use. You can also deploy it at another place but keep in mind that it will delete the previous one.
- Recipe: Dead ley line leaves x 1, Luminescent Spine x 2, Crystal chunk x 5, 500 x mora
- Condensed Resin: With a maximum cap of 5 condensed resins, you can convert 40 original resins to one condensed resin that will yield you double the rewards from Leyline blossoms, outcrops, and domains. There are a few limits on the use of condensed resin in some events that strictly require the original resin to be complete.
- Recipe: 1 x Crystal core , 40 x Original resin, 100 x mora
- Geoculus Resonance Stone: A consumable that will show the location of nearby Geoculi and a marker will appear when the player is in the vicinity of that Geoculus. The item is consumed once you find the Geoculi, and it will highlight the area in a blue circle.
- Recipe: 5 x Cor Lapis, 5 x Glaze Lily, 1 x Crystal chunk, 500 x mora
- Recipe: 5 x Cor Lapis, 5 x Glaze Lily, 1 x Crystal chunk, 500 x mora
- Electroculus Resonance Stone: A consumable item helps you find Electroculi in the area. Once you find one, a place highlights on the map with a blue circle where you can find the Electroculi.
- Recipe: 5 x Naku weed, 5 x Sakura bloom, 1 x Amethyst lump, 500 x mora
Related read: Genshin Impact Consumables Guide
- Fruit Paste Bait: A common seen-bait has been made from Sunsettias and wheat. It’s Suitable for catching Medakas, Dawncatchers, and Crystalfish.
Recipe: 1 x Sunsettia, 1 x Wheat for 10 Fruit paste bait
- Redrot Bait: A fish bait made from a mix of Dendrobium and meat that you can use to catch Sticklebacks, Bettas, Venomspine Fish, Akai Maou, and Snowstriders
Recipe: 1 x Dendrobium, 1 x Fowl for 10 Redrot bait
- False Worm Bait: As the name suggests, this bait can change its shape according to the underwater currents and attract some overly-cautious fish like Shirakodai and Angelfish.
Recipe: 1 x Slime Condensate, 1 x Berry for 10 False worm bait
- Fake Fly Bait: A beautiful bait made from vibrant colored materials is well-suited to more advanced angling techniques for fishing. You can use this to catch Koi, Pufferfish, and Rays.
Recipe: 1 x Sakura bloom, 1 x Horsetail for 10 Fake fly baits
Unless you are doing Fishing events or fishing in general to collect the rewards from fishing associations, you don’t need to create a lot of them. You may need to create a bunch of them to start, but they won’t be of a single type. After collecting the rewards, you can take a break from fishing.
However, there’s one thing that you can obtain from fishing, and that is the 4-star weapon, The Catch. The Catch is a 4-star polearm that synergizes well with Raiden Shogun and complements her abilities. If you want to venture into a fishing journey, then you can aim to get this excellent weapon.
Although, I must disclose that the journey may not be as sweet as you think. Sometimes the fish don’t spawn at some places and have their own spawn cooldowns. Nonetheless, I wish you luck in collecting all of them and exchanging them at Fishing associations.
Character Ascension Material
- Agnidus Agate ( Fragment, Chunk, and Gemstone)
- Varunada Lazurite ( Fragment, Chunk, and Gemstone)
- Vayuda Turquoise ( Fragment, Chunk, and Gemstone)
- Vajrada Amethyst ( Fragment, Chunk, and Gemstone)
- Shivada Jade ( Fragment, Chunk, and Gemstone)
- Prithiva Topaz ( Fragment, Chunk, and Gemstone)
You can convert these character ascension materials to the crafting table and utilize them for another character. Depending on your requirements, I’ll suggest you create them in the exact numbers required for the character.
Character Talent Materials
- Guide and Philosophies of Freedom
- Guide and Philosophies of Resistance
- Guide and Philosophies of Ballad
- Guide and Philosophies of Diligence
- Guide and Philosophies of Prosperity
- Guide and Philosophies of Transience
- Guide and Philosophies of Gold
- Guide and Philosophies of Elegance
- Guide and Philosophies of Light
Talent materials are essential when you want to level up your character’s ability powers and increase their potency to damage the enemies significantly. I highly recommend you pay attention to your characters’ talent levels to be up to date with increasing world-level difficulty. You will be able to obtain talent materials in their dedicated domains, just like artifacts.
These domains have different talent materials that depend on the day and require you to use original resin to claim them. So far, my most used domain is the Taishon mansion to collect Guide to Diligence.
- Heatshield Potion – Pyro resistance of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Butterfly wings, 1 x Flaming flower stamen, 100 x mora
- Frostshield Potion – Cryo resistance of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Crystal core, 1 x Mist flower corolla , 100 x mora
- Wind barrier Potion – Anemo resistance of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Crystal core, 1 x Dandelion seed, 100 x mora
- Desiccant Potion– Hydro resistance of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Butterfly wings, 1 x Lotus head, 100 x mora
- Dustproof Potion – Geo resistance of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Butterfly wings, 1 x Cor lapis, 100 x mora
- Insulation Potion – Electro resistance of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Butterfly wings, 1 x Electro crystal, 100 x mora
- Streaming Essential Oil – Hydro damage of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Frog, 1 x Lotus head, 100 x mora
- Frosting Essential Oil – Cryo damage of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe:1 x Lizard tail, 1 x Mist flower corolla, 100 x mora
- Flaming Essential Oil – Pyro damage of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Frog, 1 x Flaming flower stamen, 100 x mora
- Shocking Essential Oil – Electro damage of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Frog, 1 x Electro crystal, 100 x Mora
- Unmoving Essential Oil – Geo damage of all party members increases by 25 % for 300 s
- Recipe: 1 x Frog, 1 x Cor lapis, 100 x Mora
- Gushing Essential Oil – Anemo damage of all party members is increases by 25 % for 300s
- Recipe: 1 x Lizard Tail, 1 x Dandelion Seed, 100 x Mora
So far, I’ve not used any potions in my gaming journey besides submitting a few of them in certain quests. If you want to have screenshot damage, feel free to use them against enemies in the overworld. What’s screenshot damage? Basically, trying to get the most significant damage possible in a single shot of damage.
Another reason I don’t like to use potions is that it’s difficult to get their materials. I really don’t want to go on the internet and search for frog locations. Also, they are quite rare in the game. Jumping here and there to collect frogs or just missing them isn’t my cup of tea, which happens most of the time. Fun fact: Sometimes, when you are gliding in Liyue, a frog drops from the sky.
Weapon Ascension Materials
- Boreal Wolf’s Cracked Tooth, Boreal Wolf’s Broken Fang, Boreal Wolf’s Nostalgia
- Debris of Decarabian’s city, Fragment of Decarabian’s Epic, Scattered Piece of Decarabian’s Dream
- Chains of the Dandelion Gladiator, Shackles of the Dandelion Gladiator, Dream of the Dandelion Gladiator
- Narukami’s Joy, Narukami’s Affection, Narukami’s Valor
- Jeweled Branch of a Distant Sea, Jade Branch of a Distant Sea, Golden Branch of a Distant Sea
- Lustrous Stone from Guyun, Relic from Guyun, Divine Body from Guyun
- Mist Veiled Mercury Elixir, Mist Veiled Gold Elixir, Mist Veiled Primo Elixir
- Piece of Aerosiderite, Bit of Aerosiderite, Chunk of Aerosiderite
- Mask of the Tiger’s Bite, Mask of the One-Horned, Mask of the Kijin
You can farm these materials in domains and invest in your weapons to take them to their maximum level. The amount you need depends on the weapon’s rarity. If you have a weapon of a higher rarity, then it will take more materials than a lower rarity weapon.
Like talent materials, you can farm these materials in unique domains throughout regions. As much as I hate to farm in Cecilia garden domain, there are some tricks that I always follow to ace that domain. If you want to know more about them, I recommend you go through Cecilia garden guide.
Character and Weapon Enhancement Material
- Stained Mask, Ominous Mask
- Sealed Scroll, Forbidden Curse Scroll
- Slime Secretions, Slime Concentrate
- Sharp Arrowhead, Weathered Arrowhead
- Dark Statuette, Deathly Statuette
- Black Bronze Horn, Black Crystal Horn
- Dead Ley Line Leaves, Ley Line Sprout
- Chaos Circuit, Chaos Core
- Mist Grass, Mist Grass Wick
- Agent’s Sacrificial Knife, Inspector’s Sacrificial Knife
- Sergeant’s Insignia, Lieutenant’s Insignia
- Spectral Heart, Spectral Nucleus
- Silver Raven Insignia, Golden Raven Insignia
- Sturdy Bone Shard, Fossilized Bone Shard
- Shimmering Nectar, Energy Nectar
- Kageuchi Handguard, Famed Handguard
- Chaos Axis, Chaos Oculus
- Crystal Prism, Polarizing Prism
- Concealed Unguis, Concealed Talon
- Luminescent Pollen, Crystalline Cyst Dust
You can easily collect these materials in the overworld by farming monsters, plants, or leylines. There are many locations where you can collect mob drops, fight them and keep the cycle going. Generally, most of these materials will be used in raising your character or your talent level. There’s one thing that consistently happens with me: running out of higher rarity material.
I’d let you in on a better workaround. Don’t go hunting for those materials; rather, craft their higher rarity versions. But also, keep checking that you don’t craft them in excess and waste your precious resources. Maintain a balance, and it’ll be one of the best things.
I highly recommend you use a character in the crafting process to benefit from their passives. These characters can save you some precious resources and time from farming in the overworld. Whenever I’m trying to craft something, my priority is to see whether I have a character whose passive can be used in the process or not.
It’s one thing that I advocate the most in Genshin impact, and that’s using characters’ special abilities. Let it be a unique ability or an ascension passive. If you have the benefit of using a certain character, go for it. Use that character to simplify the gameplay and ace through the content.
- Mona – Principium of Astrology – Mona has a 25 % chance to refund one count of one material out of all crafting materials used in crafting weapon ascension material.
- Yae Miko – Meditations of a Yako – Yae Miko has a 25 % chance of getting one regional character talent material ( excluding base material) when crafting. The rarity is of the base material.
- Kamisato Ayaka – Fruits of Shinsa – Kamisato Ayaka has a 10 % chance to receive double the products while crafting weapons ascension material
- Sucrose – Astable Invention – Sucrose has a 10 % chance to obtain double the product while crafting character and weapon enhancement materials.
- Albedo – Flash of Genius – Albedo has a 10 % chance to receive double the product while crafting weapon ascension material.
- Eula – Aristocratic Introspection – Eula has a 10 % chance to receive double the product while crafting character talent materials.
- Xinqiu – Flash of Genius – Xinqqui and Albedo have the same passive name. Xingqiu has a 25 % chance to refund a portion of the crafting material used in character talent materials.
- Lisa – General Pharmaceutics – Lisa has a 20 % chance to refund one count of one material out of all crafting material used in potions.
Character Ascension Material
Dust of Azoth
Dust of Azoth is an item that can transmute elemental ascension materials, meaning change their elemental types with the help of alchemy. You can obtain Dust of Azoth in Paimon’s Bargains shop and stack up to 2000 units of it. Depending on the rarity, you need a different amount of Dust from Azoth, and I’ve listed the requirements below.
- 2-star ( Sliver) – 1
- 3-star (Fragment) – 3
- 4-star (Chunk) – 9
- 5-star (Gemstone) – 27
Dream solvent allows you to change the character level-up materials. It can be obtained from Trounce domains and the Wolf of the north challenge. The Wolf of the north challenge is in Wolvendom, where you must challenge Andrius to a battle. After defeating the bosses, you can claim their materials from leylines.
Now, you may need other types of boss material from the same boss. To simplify that, you can use Dream solvent to convert one into another. You don’t need to spend mora to convert weekly boss drops from the same boss and easily craft it on the crafting bench. But remember that you can only change the boss material of a single boss to its various types.
The mystic offering is like a conversion mechanism where you will feed three 5-star artifacts to receive an artifact strongbox that will contain one of the artifacts mentioned below. Although this system may seem lucrative on the outside, it has its pros and cons.
It may happen that you feed your precious artifacts, and the results aren’t great. Artifacts are RNG dependent in the game, and often, you won’t get better artifacts. I mean, I’ve got so many flat defense rolls that my Noelle deals better damage than my main damage dealers. I’ve discussed it in more detail in the questions section so that you can easily understand my viewpoint.
- Gladiator’s Finale
- Wanderer’s Troupe
- Bloodstained Chivalry
- Noblesse Oblige
Let’s go over a short summary of what kind of artifacts are available. I would say the first three are more like offensive artifacts that can benefit your damage dealers. And the last one, Noblesse Oblige, is more support oriented.
You can obtain Noblesse and Bloodstained from a domain, but you have to fight world or weekly bosses for others. Gladiator’s and Wanderer’s are the ones that have limited sources and are a bit rare. I consider myself lucky if I get their better pieces and lock them for future use.
Lets’ go over a few questions related to Crafting that you may have after reading this guide.
Question: How often do you visit and use the crafting bench?
Answer: Quite often. While I’m focusing on raising my characters, materials in my inventory are consistently getting used.
To compensate for the higher rarity materials, I craft them using lower rarity materials and level up my characters, weapons, and talents. I make sure to prepare a few extra if I have to level up some characters’ skills, and they use the same material as the previous one. Another reason I visit the crafting table is condensed resin. A lot of time, I miss using the original resin or don’t have time to play. Then, I just visit the crafting table to create some condensed resin, so I don’t waste any.
Question: Is it reasonable to use artifact strongbox in crafting?
Answer: I won’t advise using artifacts strongbox simply because you can feed those artifacts as EXP to other pieces. Let’s assume you want to feed some artifacts and get other pieces in return. Now, what if they aren’t the desired substat you want. At the same time, this may be good for people who don’t have enough time to play and want the given artifact pieces on their characters. They must sacrifice some artifact pieces and complete their collection to achieve that.
I would say this feature acts as a double-edged sword. On one side, you can get the pieces you want from the system, but on another side, there’s no guarantee about the substats, main stats, and wasting precious EXP. You can only convert artifacts into a few different sets, so you are limited on the builds you can create when using this system.
Question: Are there any tips related to crafting?
Answer: I made one mistake when the conversion system wasn’t available, creating much higher rarity material in one go. Yep! I had a lot of mora and thought I would get many characters down the line, and I should have their ascension materials ready in advance. It turns out that I didn’t get those characters, and it stuck many of my resources in a useless state. Luckily, a system came where I could convert them and use them on other characters.
Question: How many materials should I craft for a particular character or an event task?
Answer: A rule of thumb is not to overuse the crafting table because it may happen that you will end up with materials that won’t have any use in the future. Without knowledge about the mechanism, I created 12 Geoculus resonance stones in a hurry. At the same time, I only wanted to collect the last one. Result? They are still stuck in my inventory, and I cannot destroy them as they are indestructible in the menu.
So, whenever you want to craft some materials, make sure you create the required amount and don’t overinvest your resources. But, if you have some souvenirs like the Xiao lantern, feel free to create as many as you want because you never know when they will return. I’ve saved up some Xiao lanterns, just in case I want to show them to a friend.
Crafting is an essential practice in Genshin Impact’s world that allows players to create new materials from the existing ones and use them in their characters’ progression. That’s where the Crafting table will come to your rescue, and you can easily create higher rarity materials from the lower ones. You can create many materials from the crafting table that allow you to invest resources in your characters smoothly.
The crafting table also comes into play in other events. You can create event-specific items with limited time validity and keep them as souvenirs for the rest of the game. Xiao lanterns are a prime example of this case; to this day, players like me have saved it in their inventories.
I recommend you look at our guides on characters, weapons, and even regions in the game to learn more about them. Feel free to hunt for your favorite character guide or just hop onto the search option to dig for some exciting guides.