Genshin Impact is an open-world RPG game that focuses intensively on farming different materials you come across on your journey through the vast lands of Teyvat. You need to utilize your time farming ingredients properly, ores, enemy drops, and much more materials to use them on your characters, weapons, recipes, and crafting purposes.
With a wide variety of collectibles, some materials can be found only in particular regions and hence called local specialties. Here, we will be going through one of them, Glaze Lily, a local specialty of Liyue.
In my gaming experience so far, I’ve invested quite some time farming materials and even days when I’ve pre-farmed for a particular character. You can’t escape from farming overworld materials, but worry not! Once you get used to it, it doesn’t seem much of an effort.
Before diving in, here’s a short summary of what I’ll be covering in this Glaze Lily Genshin Impact guide:
- What is Glaze Lily?
- What are the uses of Glaze Lily?
- Different locations where you find Glaze Lily
- Few tips regarding farming and a quick FAQ
What is Glaze Lily?
- In-game description
- An extremely ancient flower that was said to be commonly seen in Liyue region. It transforms the memories of the land into its fragrance during fluorescence.
- Found in the wild
- Recommendation: Found in Yujing Terrace, Liyue Harbor
- Recommendation: Found in Qingce Village
Described to be a local specialty of Liyue, you can only obtain Glaze Lily in different areas under the Liyue region. Glaze lily has light blue color around its petals and thick green stem. If you find it at nighttime ( 18:00 to 6:00 in-game time), it will radiate a bright color.
According to Teyvat’s Official interactive map, there is a total of 39 Glaze Lilies that respawn every 48 hours. Note that most in-game items in Genshin Impact have fixed respawn timers, meaning after you collect those items, you have to wait for their respawn timers to get reset before collecting them again.
Unlike other local specialties, GlazeLlily is quite rare in nature and has a few spots you don’t want to miss.
Use of Glaze Lily?
- Ascension: As of writing this guide, Genshin Impact 2.4 has two characters who use Glaze Lily for their ascension. Ningguang and Yunjin, both of them being 4-star characters. For ascending these characters past their maximum ascension level( level 6, character level 80), you need 168 Glaze Lilies each.
- Ningguang: The Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing. Her wealth is unsurpassed in all of Teyvat.
- She’s a Four-star Female Geo catalyst character from the Liyue region. I’ve been playing for quite a while, and she’s pretty good as the main DPS if you can get her first constellation unlocked. I would say she’s a 5-star character 4-star. At her maximum constellation damage, she provides a lot of damage potential. Even if you get her first constellation unlocked, she does a lot of damage. She has a shield that you can put in front of you in the overworld to counter incoming damage from enemies.
- Though, do keep in mind that her shield scales of HP, so it’s better to have some HP% sub-stats in your artifacts. Most people build her as the main DPS for clearing spiral abyss content, and I can vouch that she’s pretty dependable when it comes to doing a lot of damage.
- When I first got Ningguang, I was so impressed by her ability to put up a shield because I was in early-game, and I didn’t build my characters well enough to go head-on with higher-level enemies. After I learned about her, Now I have a triple crown Ningguang ( Constellation-6) and see no difficulty in clearing even Floor 12 of the spiral abyss.
- Yunjin: A renowned Liyue opera singer who is skilled in both playwriting and singing. Her style is one-of-a-kind, exquisite and delicate, much like the person herself. She’s a Four-star Geo polearm user who belongs to Liyue. She’s pretty dependable if you’re looking for a supporting character who can buff your on-field character’s normal attack damage. She also has a shield that gives 150% effectiveness against all Elemental Damage and Physical Damage. So, if you’re looking for a character who can be a good shielder, you can build her for shield utility.
- Her abilities scale off the defense, so if you’re able to get her early-game, you can put your DEF artifacts to use and see Yunjin’s potential shine.
Genshin Impact has a lot of characters, and you can put them in different roles. It depends on you what role you want with a specific character, whether you want some character to be main DPS, support, shielder, or as a battery; it depends on your playstyle. So, feel free to invest in your favorite character and tweak their artifacts or weapons as you like when you are clearing end game content like Spiral Abyss.
- Crafting: Geoculus Resonance Stone ( 5 x Cor Lapis, 5x Glaze Lily, 1 x Crystal Chunk)
- A stone that can be used in Liyue to search for nearby Geoculi.This exquisite stone plate imitates a certain mysterious quality of the Geo Statues of The Seven, causing it to lead people to the location of Geoculi. Elemental Oculi represent the lost power of the Statues of The Seven — perhaps offering this power back to the statues also has significance for the lands that the gods watch over. Whenever a new region launches, we have to collect that region’s oculis. Liyue has a total of 131 Geoculus, which you can collect. However, you have one extra oculus from Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma region. You need 130 Geoculus to fully level up the Statue of seven in Liyue to the maximum level of 10. Geoculus resonance stone can help you find Geoculus and marks a blue circle around the area where you can find the missing geoculus you’ve been searching.
- Quite handy if you want to collect every Geoculus in a single day and don’t want to miss any of them. It’s better to craft a couple of Geoculus resonance stones if you’re going to collect them and don’t want to miss any hiding in a bush or underground structure.
Where to find Glaze Lily?
Qingce Village: Qingce Village is one of my favorite places to collect Glaze Lily and Jueyun Chill. You might want to take a look at our guide to Collect Jueyun Chilli if you’re going to use it to Ascend xiangling or use it as an ingredient for the food items.
You can find plenty of Glaze Lily in here, with most of them concentrated near small farm patches you’ll see. Make sure to use Elemental Sight if you’re collecting at night time; although Glaze Lily does glow at night, it’s better to use elemental sight to find nearby collectibles fast.
In Liyue Harbor
- When you teleport to Liyue harbor to collect your daily commission rewards, you can see some Glaze Lily behind the tree near the teleport point.
- When you enter the city, you’ll see some locations around Mt. Tianheng where you can collect a bunch of them. Most of them are inside the city; it’s easy to collect them along with some Silk flowers. You don’t have to climb high walls or mountains if you’ve already unlocked teleport points.
- You can also go to Madame Ping in Liyue Harbor, Liyue, and follow a dialogue branch to get 5 Glaze Lillies as a reward.
- Shop owner Ms. Bai also sells 3 Glaze Lillies for 50000 mora every three days. However, I’d advise you to focus on farming than buying because you can use your precious mora somewhere else.
- You can also glide from the teleport point in Mt.Tianheng to Yujin Terrace and easily collect Glaze Lillies there.
As of writing this guide, Genshin Impact 2.4 doesn’t use Glaze Lillies in any food item. I’d recommend you explore the region before farming extensively for any character and open all teleport points for faster travel.
It will help you save your time, and you’ll be able to cover up many areas much faster. If you like to mark particular locations like I do, you can put markers on the map for specific items and cover them after some time.
Now, Glaze Lillies have a respawn timer, which means after collecting them, you’ll have to wait for 48 hours(2 days) before you can collect them again. If you want to ascend your character fast and don’t want to wait for so long, then I’d recommend you to co-op with a friend or even randoms. Ask for their permission, and I’m sure they’ll be happy even to assist you in farming.
Remember, it’s not a good idea to steal from other people’s worlds and ruin their gaming experience. If you want a good gaming experience, make sure to communicate, or you can even use chibi emotes as I do!
Let’s go over a few questions which might be on your mind
Question: Ningguang and Yunjin are 4-star Characters; Should I Really be Farming and Investing My Resources in Them?
Answer: It always happens that we underestimate a lot of characters’ potential just from their quick reviews and believing different opinions on the internet. If you’re an early game player, no character is bad to invest in. I was actually pretty astonished myself when I started using Ningguang.
Hearing praises how she is good as main DPS, Now I’ve finally triple crowned her because of DMG potential. People can have different opinions, where they should be using crowns on talents because of their rarity. I invest in characters I’m playing long-term and have fun with.
If you’re having Ningguang or Yunjin, and want to play them, go ahead! Constellations would be cheery on top. You should worry about meta and DMG in different team comps when you want to clear End game content like Spiral Abyss. If you’re someone who wants to enjoy the beauty of the game and go through different story moments, invest in the characters you play.
Question: I’m a Mobile Player, and it’s Tough to Farm on Mobile; what Should I Do?
Answer: Okay, so there are two options. First, if your mobile can handle two apps open simultaneously, then you can open the Official Genshin Impact interactive map in the background and mark the locations.
It’s better to focus on a small area first about particular material like Glaze Lily and put markers there. Make sure you use different markers for farming routes, and if possible, try to name them. That way, you’ll remember what you marked earlier.
Secondly, I’d recommend you co-op with some PC\PS4 players. Most of the people are quite nice in Genshin Community, and you can ask for their help. I was a Mobile player when I started, and there were a lot of players who helped me in farming different materials.
Even if you go to co-op domains, let others know that you’re not on a High-end machine and take a healer role. Most of the time, people go double healer there and help out mobile players. I casually help people who ask for help! Who knows, you might find a future co-op partner!
Question: How Much Glaze Lillies Should I Farm?
Answer: As of now, Ningguang and Yunjin are using Glaze Lillies for their ascension, and to fully ascend them, you need 168 Glaze Lillies each. However, I’d recommend you farm a bit extra just in case a new recipe comes out in an update. Most of the time, when I’m doing my commissions in Liyue, I make sure to collect the Glaze Lillies patch behind teleport point.
You don’t have to farm everything in one day and overwork yourself. It’ll take you some time to progress through Adventure Ranks. Collect whenever you can, and slowly you’ll see your inventory growing.
Most of the time, I co-op with my friends whenever a new character launches, and we farm materials required for characters we’ll be wishing. Some people prefer to pre-farm materials for their characters because they want to test them out fast in new spiral abyss content.
If you’re among them, it’s better to have some friends accompany you and test out your characters together. Remember to enjoy the game and have fun clicking pictures!
- Genshin Impact Nilou Guide - June 9, 2023
- Best Fishing Spots in Genshin Impact - April 16, 2023
- Yanfei Genshin Impact Guide - April 10, 2023