Genshin Impact is heavily focused on farming and collecting different materials you find during your journey through Teyvat. Whether ascending characters or leveling up some weapons, you need to pre-farm materials and use them in sufficient amounts to avoid running low on them.
For now, any collectible that might seem unusable might have been used on some future characters. Genshin Impact needs you to invest your time into characters you want to build, and for that, you’ve to farm a lot of ascension material, talent materials, and weapons materials. You don’t want your characters to be using low-level weapons.
In this Jueyun Chili Genshin Impact Guide, I’ll be discussing one of the key ingredients in the game, which has uses in character ascension and different recipes you’ll discover throughout your journey across Teyvat! Jueyun Chilli! I’ve been a Day 1 player, and there are still so many things to collect to this day.
What is Jueyun Chilli?
A spicy plant native to Liyue Region. Merely smelling it makes one hot and thirsty ~in-game description.
Jueyun chilli is a local speciality to Liyue, which means it’s only found in areas of Liyue—used to ascend Xiangling and make different dishes you’ll discover in-game. Some recipes can be bought directly from shops whereas some can be obtained from investigating other places in the overworld.
What is the Use of Jueyun Chilli?
Jueyun Chilli is used for ascending xiangling, which you’re guaranteed to get after completing floor 3 of the spiral abyss. If you’ve already got xiangling from your wishes, then you’ll unlock a different constellation for her.
If you don’t have xiangling yet, you’ll get her after beating floor 3. She’s pretty good in other team comps, which use melt or vaporise reactions. She still carries my team on floor 12, so I’d recommend you build her for the long run.
After getting xiangling, you need 168 Jueyun chillis to ascend her to level 81. There is a total of 6 ascension phases of characters, the last being on level 80, so you’ll be spending a lot of time farming for materials in the overworld.
There are a lot of dishes that need Jueyun chilli as an ingredient. If you’re a cooking enthusiast like me and like to stack plenty of food items, you better farm whatever you can get your hands on!
As of writing this guide, Genshin Impact 2.4 has the following dishes which use Jueyun chilli as an ingredient with their rarity mentioned next to them.
- Stir-Fried Filet (1-star): Revives a character and restores 100HP ( 1 x Raw Meat, 1 X Jueyun chilli)
- Flash-Fried Filet(1-star, Special Dish): Revives a character and restores 10% of Max HP, then restores an additional 150 HP( Requires Beidou to cook, 1X Raw meat, 1x Jueyun chilli)
- Rockin’ Riffin’ Chicken (2-star, Special Dish): Increases all party members’ CRIT Rate by 16% for 5 minutes( Requires Xinyan to cook, 1x foul, Jueyun chilli, 1x pepper)
- Wanmin Restaurant’s Boiled Fish(3-star, Special Dish): Restores 34% of Max HP to the selected character and regenerates 980 HP every 5s for 30s( Xiangling’s special dish,1x jueyun chilli,1 x salt,1 x violet grass, 3x fish)
- Jueyun Chili Chicken(2-star): Increases all party members’ CRIT Rate by 9% for 300s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s) ( 2 x foul,1x Jueyun Chilli,1 x pepper)
- Mint Salad(2-star): Increases all party members’ ATK by 81 for 300s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s)(4 x mint, 1 x Jueyun chilli)
- Black-Back Perch Stew(3-star): Restores 28% of Max HP to the selected character and regenerates 620 HP every 5s for the 30s. ( 3x fish, 1 x jueyun Chilli, 1 x salt, 1x violet grass)
- Qingce Stir Fry(3-star): Increases all party members’ ATK by 194 300s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s) (3 x mushroom, 2x lotus head, 1x jueyun chilli,1 x cabbage)
- Jueyun Guoba(3-star): Increases all party members’ Physical DMG by 30% for 300s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s) (2x horsetail, 2x rice, 1x ham, 1 x jueyun chilli)
- Minty Meat Rolls(3-star): Decreases all-party members’ gliding and sprinting Stamina consumption by 20% for 900s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s)( 4 x Mint, 3x Raw meat, 1 x jueyun chilli)
- Jade Parcels(4-star): Increases all party members’ ATK by 272 and CRIT Rate by 8% for 300s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s) ( 3x lotus head,2x jueyun chilli, 2x cabbage, 1x ham)
- Chili-Mince Cornbread Buns(4-star): Increases all party members’ Shield Strength by 30% and DEF by 200 for 300s. In Co-Op Mode, this effect only applies to your character(s)( 4 x raw meat, 3x flour, 2x cabbage, 2x jueyun chilli)
With so many dishes using Jueyun chilli as an ingredient, it’ll be a priority to collect it as soon as you unlock different areas of Liyue. I’ve cooked a lot of Jade parcels when I was progressing through the game because of their ATK boosting effects.
With buffs ranging from DEF boost, ATK boost, decrease in stamina consumption rate and special damage bonus, it’s better to have a couple of extra Jueyun chilli in your backpack.
Where to Get Jueyun Chilli?
Being a local speciality to Liyue, you’ll be able to find it in different areas of Liyue. I’d recommend you visit the statue of seven in liyue first to unlock areas and their respective teleport points. It’s better to open the area first than jump into farming.
Watch out not to miss Geoculus; mark them if you want to collect them all together or collect and then keep them as completed. It depends on your farming style. I prefer to find a free day and gather everything together.
Generally, they grow in groups of three and could be found in wild areas. Some spots are tough to find, but most of them are pretty easy to reach. As of writing this guide, Genshin Impact 2.4 has 46 sites of Jueyun chilli, which you can collect in a single run. They have to respawn timer, so you have to wait for their respawn after collecting them.
Generally, local specialities take around 48 hours to respawn, and this time is calculated according to the real-world timer. This means you’ll have to wait for two days to recollect them. If you want to collect a lot faster and more, it’s better to jump into some friend’s world and accumulate there.
You can also join strangers’ worlds and ask for their permission to collect materials. Remember, before farming in anyone’s world; you should ask for permission because they might need that material if they’re investing in the same character.
I visit my friend’s world and ask for their help in farming. Genshin Impact community is friendly when it comes to co-op; ask politely. Who knows, you might find a long term co-op partner!
Teyvat Interactive Map shows different locations where you can collect them. I prefer to use Qingce Village, Qingyun Peak, and Jueyun Karst. After unlocking teleport points in all of these areas, you can easily glide to those locations or foot travel to collect them separately.
You can also buy 5x Jueyun Chilli from Chef Mao ( Boss of Wanmin restaurant and Xiangling’s father) for 1000 Mora every 72 hours(3 days) in Liyue.
If you have levelled up your Reputation in liyue, you can get various things from shops at discounted prices. It’ll cost 900, after reaching Level 4 in Reputation, you’ll be able to get goods from shops at discounted prices. So, don’t ignore those reputation quests and weekly reputation bounties!
Note: As of writing this guide, Genshin Impact 2.4 doesn’t have any weapons which use Jueyun chilli as weapon ascension material. If any weapon or recipe in future would be using Jueyun chilli, you’d already have plenty of them.
Question: Would You Consider Jueyun Chilli Necessary to Farming as a Priority?
Answer: I would advise you to collect it a bit extra because of its use in different dishes. It’s used in various recipes, providing different buffs to your active characters. It has been used in almost every dish, whether it’s a recovery dish, ATK boosting dish, DEF boosting dish or even Stamina dish.
Question: I’ve Farmed So Many Jueyun Chillis to Ascend Xiangling. How Good is Xiangling as a Character?
Answer: Jueyun chilli is used to ascend xiangling, and she’s available for free after you complete Floor 3 of Spiral Abyss. This question will come to anyone’s mind, and I would like to know the answer to it.
I’d say she’s pretty good at providing AOE Pyro damage with her Pyronado, and Gouba can be put down to generate a few energy particles. Moreover, her application in vaporising and melt team compositions are pretty good, and she can proc those reactions very efficiently.
I would advise you to invest appropriately in from early game, and she will even help you clear the most challenging spiral abyss content too!
Question: I’m a Mobile Player and Find it Hard to Collect Items. What Should I Do?
Answer: Playing on mobile can be a bit complex. I’d advise you to focus on one area first and use your map markers to mark the locations for future use. As you progress through the game, you’ll start remembering some places where you can collect certain materials.
I have some friends who play on mobile, and once I went to their account, I saw tons of markers. Use different markers to mark other locations, enemies or some beautiful photo locations if you want to!
I’d recommend you always collect whatever materials you can because having them in excess is better than running low on them. I’ve often seen some of my friends running out of either talent level up material or character ascension materials.
It’s better to have an adequate quantity of different materials whenever a new character is about to launch. However, some materials are pretty new to the game when new areas are launched, so save some map markers to pinpoint their locations!